Weather & Snow Conditions
No matter what the season, be aware of local weather forecasts while
planning your trip to ensure that you have everything you need for a
perfect visit! Remember weather conditions can change very quickly in the mountains of Alaska - bring extra food, water, and warm clothes in any season!
When your day in the mountains is over make sure you have your Alaskan cabin at Hatcher Pass B&B reserved for a relaxing and wonderful experience in the Talkeetna Mountains just outside Wasilla and Palmer, Alaska.
- The Mat Su Ski Club reports as of October 23, 2013, that the Independence Mine cross-country ski trails are in excellent condition. Our own Olympic cross-country skiing athletes were filmed skiing in Hatcher Pass!
- The Independence Mine and the Visitor Center are now closed for the season until mid-June, 2014. The gate to Archangel Road and the Reed Lakes trail is closed as well. The road over the top connecting Palmer and Wasilla Fishhook Roads is closed for the winter season.
- Information about trails in Alaska, and the Hatcher Pass area - From CrossCountryAlaska.com
The Mat Su Ski Club was formed by a group of dedicated volunteers and has provided trail building, grooming, educational clinics and ski swaps, and generally promotes the sport of cross-country skiing.
- This Hatcher Pass Snow report is supplied by the State of Alaska – Division of Parks – Finger Lake, and is usually updated weekly when the snow starts to accumulate. Hatcher Pass on the east side including Archangel Road, Gold Mint parking lot and Fishhook Lot and Summit Lake are now open to snowmachines.
iz, What a
fabulous BNB – our very own private cabin near
Pass with the medicinal plant, rosehip,
right outside our door. What a picture to paint for all our
Texas friends who have never been to
This was my fifth trip to
Alaska, and I can truthfully say
that your sourdough cabin is
place to stay. Out of five different BNB’s on this trip, the couple
traveling with us also voted your BNB as their favorite place to stay.
Larry & Ann Garner
Acie & Helen Henigan
Winter Weather & Snow Conditions
Enjoy Fall weather conditions at Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast with excellent winter cross-country skiing at Independence Mine just up the road! Come on out and enjoy the best of both worlds!
- Winter hiking
- Cross-country & Downhill skiing